Doctor insights on:
What Happens To You When You Are Struck By Lightning
U tube good resource: You tube has a good docudrama that answers all these questions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1HhRAUqFqM. Copy this to your address bar and enjoy. ...Read more
Picture = 1000 words: A good video = 1000 pictures. Here is a You Tube video which summarizes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1HhRAUqFqM ...Read more
Curtains: I think you would most likely die. (okay, maybe there's a small chance that the lightning strike would be oriented to cross your chest and be just exactly the right number of joules to defibrillate your heart and maybe the cause of your heart stopping was the type of rhythm disturbance that would respond to defibrillation, but "I wouldn't bet my life on it". ) ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Survivors will tell: you that you really want to have nothing to do with being struck by lightning which can be direct or more often, indirectly through the lightning actually striking another person or object and jumping to other objects and people. Patients can develop severe and lifelong painful syndromes called Complex Regional Pain syndromes. Stick to rubbing your feet on wool carpet and touching a doorknob! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Donation: There are multiple types of donors; one type includes donors who are alive and others include donors who have passed away. Both living donors and deceased donors have their organs tested via certain blood tests and other criteria. These tests influence whether a transplant surgeon finds the organ acceptable for donation. So, bottom line: yes, it's possible. Depends in part on organ function. ...Read more
Many people: Thousands of people have been hit by lightning and survived. I think you get a t shirt or something. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens when you leave a broken ankle untreated will it heal by itself?
- What foods are you not allowed to eat when taking doxycycline with meals?
- What causes you to have shaking chills when you are sick?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens to breast implants when you get old?
- What foods are best to eat when you have a hoarse voice?
- What happens to your body when you cough?
- What happens to your body when you stop ovulating?
- Talk to a trauma surgeon online for free