Doctor insights on:
What Happens To A Womans Eggs After Tubal Ligation
Fallopian tube: Ovulation occurs into the pelvis (peritoneal cavity) and ovuum pickup is handled by the fimbriated end of the fallopian tube. After succesful ligation the tube is blocked in the mid-segment so after pickup sperm and egg cannot meet. An ovuum that is unfertilized within possibly as short as 10 hours dies and is resorbed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Should have NO effec: Effect at all, but if u are over weight the safest and easiest way for u to have a tubal is essure either in office or at an outpt surg center or out at the hos , much safer and easier than doing a laparoscopic or mini- lap tubal if u are over weight, I have done many in office essure tubals on over weight pts all my pts stay awake, only takes 5 minutes can go back to work the next day. ...Read more
Nature of tubal: It depends on the nature of the tubal ligation. If it is done laparoscopically, which is under visualization with a camera, then this would be done under general anesthesia. The Essure procedure can be done in a doctor's office under mild sedation (where the patient keeps breathing on her own) and iv. pain medication. ...Read more
Rare: Less than 1%.Get a more detailed answer ›
No difference: If it was done properly, it will be equally hard to reverse in younger or older woman. It also depends on how long ago it was done. ...Read more
No: Periods should not change after tubal ligation. The reason some women report menstrual changes after tubal ligations may be a coincidence or because of discontinuation of other birth control methods, such as the pills, which tend to control the menstrual cycle well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Exercise after tubal ligation
- What comes out when menstruating after tubal ligation?
- What are my chances of getting pregnant after a tubal ligation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy after a tubal ligation?
- What should the incision look like after a tubal ligation?
- Cure for acne after tubal ligation
- Different pregnant after tubal ligation
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free