Doctor insights on:
What Happens To A Womans Eggs After Tubal Ligation
Fallopian tube: Ovulation occurs into the pelvis (peritoneal cavity) and ovuum pickup is handled by the fimbriated end of the fallopian tube. After succesful ligation the tube is blocked in the mid-segment so after pickup sperm and egg cannot meet. An ovuum that is unfertilized within possibly as short as 10 hours dies and is resorbed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Periods should not change after tubal ligation. The reason some women report menstrual changes after tubal ligations may be a coincidence or because of discontinuation of other birth control methods, such as the pills, which tend to control the menstrual cycle well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could a woman who has had a tubal ligation and a man that has had a vasectomy have a child through in vitro?
Nature of tubal: It depends on the nature of the tubal ligation. If it is done laparoscopically, which is under visualization with a camera, then this would be done under general anesthesia. The Essure procedure can be done in a doctor's office under mild sedation (where the patient keeps breathing on her own) and iv. pain medication. ...Read more
No difference: If it was done properly, it will be equally hard to reverse in younger or older woman. It also depends on how long ago it was done. ...Read more
Should have NO effec: Effect at all, but if u are over weight the safest and easiest way for u to have a tubal is essure either in office or at an outpt surg center or out at the hos , much safer and easier than doing a laparoscopic or mini- lap tubal if u are over weight, I have done many in office essure tubals on over weight pts all my pts stay awake, only takes 5 minutes can go back to work the next day. ...Read more
Because: The fallopian tubes when ligated do not allow the transport of the egg to get fertilized and implanted into the womb, and thus, the lining of the womb "menstruates" monthly since no implantation takes place. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens to a woman after a hysterectomy?
- What happens to male ejaculation after sex does it stay inside the woman?
- How long should you wait to have sex after a tubal ligation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should the incision look like after a tubal ligation?
- What are the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy after a tubal ligation?
- What happens to the skin after a grease burn?
- What can you do if you get pregnant after a tubal ligation?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free