Doctor insights on:
What Happens In A Punch Graft For An Acne Scar
A common human skin disease characterized by areas of scaly red skin (seborrhea) with blackheads/whiteheads (comedones) , pinheads (papules), large papules (nodules), pimples & possibly scarring. Occurs mostly on face, upper chest & back. Treated with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic ...Read more
What type?: Red and brown post-acne marks need to be allowed to fade on their own. Depressed acne marks can be treated only by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon with fillers, laser or microsurgery. The key is to get your acne under control -- if you've had scarring and it's still active, get with any competent physician. Best wishes. ...Read more
Probably nothing: Creams will help the skin but won't change the scars. ...Read more
Acne Scar Treatment: There are a number of options for acne scars depending on their size, shape, depth, and skin type. Laser resurfacing, usually fractional, may help improve the texture of the skin but may require multiple treatments. If there is deep scarring, the scars can be excised or cut out. Subcision, releasing the scar underneath the skin, along with fillers or fat can also improve the skin texture. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Acne scar treatments: There are different types of acne scarsranging from broad flat to ice pick. The broad flat scars typically can be softened with fillers. Ice pick scars can be softened by punching them out and putting a graft of skin from behind the ear into the hole. Laser resurfacing or dermabrasion can then help to further improve the look. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is co2 fraxel good for my icepick acne scars. Got my 1st done but no benefit. I am indian, 38. Thx ?
No: CO2 fraxel is not indicated for ice pick acne scars. 1540 laser can be beneficial after multiple treatments, but these too are limited by the darkness of the skin which is more prone to hyper pigmentation the darker it is. I would recommend reevaluation by another dermatologist ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a natural remedy for an itchy eye allergy in a 7 year old girl?
- What happens to the material in an acne cyst after it is injected with steroids?
- What happens to an eye if you cover it for a long time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What type of rehab is best for a hip fracture in an elderly female?
- What will happen if there is not enough nourishment for a baby while in the womb?
- What is a good remedie for acne scars on face?
- What should i look for in an over-the-counter acne treatment?
- Talk to a dermatologist online