Doctor insights on:
What Happens If Your Anemia Dosent Go Away
Depends: On the type of anemia. Of it's from iron deficiency then if you take iron supplements it should start improving within a few weeks. There are other causes of anemia that don't improve right away, and need special treatment and sometimes need treatment of an underlying illness of there is one. ...Read more
It depends upon...: The cause and severity of anemia. There are many causes of anemia. Some are acquired and some constitutional. While an anemia can theoretically always be corrected by transfusion this may not be needed or even advisable. For acquired anemias, it's important to determine the cause and correct it. Doing so should let the anemia correct naturally over time. Work with your doc to address these issues. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
After starting iron therapy of 325 mg twice a day for iron deficient anemia, how long will it take for the symptoms of anemia to go away?
Depends: What is hemoglobin level? Do you have continuing bleeding disorder? It usually takes a couple of week for the effects of iron replacement to be apparent, if there is no ongoing blood loss. See this site for more info. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/iron-deficiency-anemia/ds00323. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if hpv doesn t go away?
- What happens when your arm goes numb?
- What happens when your leg goes numb?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if a mosquito goes in your eye?
- Does anemia go away after hysterectomy?
- How long does it take for anemia to go away?
- How long will it take for anemia to go away?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free