Doctor insights on:
What Happens If You Tear Your Achilles Tendon
I'm aware you can't pull your foot downward if you tear your Achilles tendon..But can you raise it?
Yes: If u rupture your achilles' tendon completely your ability to plantar flex ( 'pull down' your ankle) will be minimal.(rarely an intact plantaris tendon will allow minor plantar flexion ). However your ability to dorsiflex( pull back) your ankle is maintained as these tendons are not injured( tib. Anterior, edl). ...Read more
What to do if i was just curious how someone can tear their Achilles tendon. It seems like it would be very difficult to do. How does it happen?
You could: Achilles tendon rupture can result from an injury, and the degree of pain and disability depends on how extensive the tear is. Sometimes there is a palpable knot in the back or above the back of the heel, and bearing weight there is quite painful and/or difficult. See a doctor as soon as possible for a proper evaluation. Good luck! ...Read more
If Achilles is torn: It is very difficult, or impossible to lift your body up on the affected side while standing on that foot only. To clarify: while holding on to the arm of a chair pick your good leg off the ground. Try to do a toe raise on the bad leg. This is usually not possible with a torn achilles. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When i stretch my achilles' tendon, which has tendonopathy.. It feels like it is tearing! is it tearing? It is painful! should I stop stretching?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if you get lemon in your eye?
- What happens if you pass kidney stones through your stools?
- What happens if you have your period for two weeks?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What would happen if you got a mosquito bite on your eye?
- What happens if you pop a pimple in your earlobe?
- What happens if you have a cyst in your earlobe?
- What happens if you get fiber glass in your eye?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free