Doctor insights on:
What Happens If You Mix Barbiturate With Strongdrinks
Depressants: Barbiturates are central nervous system suppressants like alcohol. The major difference is that they do not have many of the other systemic effects of alcohol on other parts of the body. Adding barbiturates to alcohol may produce a lethal suppression of respiration. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Prescribed for what?: There is really only one condition for which a barbiturate can be a drug-of-choice, and that is generalized seizures, for which either Phenobarbital or Primidone (which is metabolized into phenobarbital) can be a first line drug. Barbiturates are mostly complexed with tylenol and caffeine in migraine pills like Fioricet etc which I believe is an irrational and dangerous drug. Many better choices. ...Read more
Course of addiction : Typically drug addicts use drugs because of the way it makes them feel. Drugs of abuse are fast acting, hit the reward center of the brain and are thus reinforcing. As tolerance for the drug's effects develop, people take more of the drug in hope of obtaining the same high feeling. Physical dependence occurs and the drug is taken no longer to get high but to try to feel normal & avoid withdrawal. ...Read more
Barbituric acid: was discovered in the late 19th century and came into use in the early 20th century for the same uses as it is now - as a sedative. Various congeners were made that were used for anesthesia (thiopental), sleeping pills (nembutal, amytal), as anticonvulsant (phenobarbital). These drugs can be highly toxic and result in overdose frequently, and also cause a terrible physical dependency/addiction. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if you have sex with a condom while u have a yeast infection?
- What happens if you try to fly with a partially collapsed lung?
- What happens if you accidentally inject yourself with air instead of insulin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happen if you mix xanax oxycodone seriquil and cocaine at same time?
- What happens if you wear glasses with perfect vision?
- What happens if you take ambien with alcohol?
- What happens if you dont put enough eggs in cake mix?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free