Doctor insights on:
What Happens If You Leave Broken Arm Untreated
It depends: It depends on what you mean by treatment - many fractures are treated only with a sling such as upper humerus (upper arm) fractures and many fractures if non-displaced and in good alignment will heal very well with minimal immobilization. ...Read more
An arm fracture typically refers to a fracture of the bone in the upper arm, the humerus or of the bones in the forearm, the radius and/or the ulna. Fractures in the hand and wrist are usually not called "arm fractures". While many of these fractures are treated non-surgically in children, many of these fractures, particularly those in the forearm, ...Read more
Depends: Fractures that come through the skin are treated like emergencies, to minimize the risk of infection. Closed fractures are best placed into a reasonable position & splinted to reduce risk of further soft tissue injury and for comfort. Most fractures are treated within a week or so, but occasionally after failure of non-op treatment, surgeries may take place later. It's harder, but it can be don. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Restrictions: A lot depends upon the location, degree, level of instability, effectiveness of treatment. You really need to get specific guidelines from your treating provider...But i always mention when asked that using a jackhammer and repelling down a steep mountain are probably out for most. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: Everyone is a little different in terms of how long discomfort after a broken bone will last. Other factors include how much you move the arm (limb) that was injured and your bone density. Typically fractures/breaks heal within 6-8 weeks and most of the pain occurs in the first 1-2 weeks if the break is stabilized in a cast or proper splint. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens when you leave a broken ankle untreated will it heal by itself?
- What happens if you leave a stroke untreated?
- What happens you leave rectal cancer untreated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens when you leave a pituitary tumor untreated?
- What happens when you leave colon cancer untreated?
- What happens when you leave the marasmus disease untreated?
- What happens if i leave my constipation untreated?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free