Doctor insights on:
What Happens If You Inject Alcohol In To A Vein
Alcohol: Is a strong sclerosing agent, namely it will close the veins. It is used by some for what is called a-v malformations. It is dangerous as it can cause slough of skin. Associated with severe pain and watch for intoxication. ...Read more
What happens if someone was injecting cocaine and ingesting alcohol, cocaethylene would be produced, right?
I take an im injectable medicine and forgot to swab off the top w alcohol. Should I consider it contaminated or is it still ok (just forgot that once)?
Why take a chance?: There are articles (here's one: http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pmc/articles/pmc272643/pdf/jcm00139-0223.Pdf) that say contamination of a multidose vial is not a significant risk. Nevertheless there is a chance you pushed some bacteria into the vial, and i know my wife (a nurse) would say throw it out and start a new one. Why take the chance? Medicine is (relatively) cheap, infections are expensive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sometimes: Methotrexate (mtx) can be taken either orally or by injection. While the pills are more popular, the self-administered injections are cheaper, often better tolerated, and sometines more effective. Alcohol must be limited to an occcasional drink with either oral or injected mtx. Enjoy a coctail or nice glass of wine with saturday night dinner but don't drink on a daily basis. ...Read more
It is possible: Consuming alcohol and make you gain weight and can also affect your liver. Both of these things can make it more likely to develop spider angiomas, which are like clusters of thread veins. It might be possible for you to develop thread veins on your legs if you drink excessively, but the connection isn't as strong. Modest alcohol consumption should have little, if any, affect. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if you pop a pimple in your earlobe?
- What happens if you try to fly with a partially collapsed lung?
- What happens if you have a cyst in your earlobe?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- What happens if you wait too long to get a broken hand looked at?
- What happens if you have a boxers fracture and you use it in a fight?
- What happens if you pop a cyst in the ear?
- What happens if you hit a vein injecting for diabetes?