Doctor insights on:
What Happens If You Eat Or Drink Before An Epidural Steroid Injection
Possible Cancel: If you were scheduled to be done with sedation it may be canceled or offered without sedation. The purpose of not eating/drinking for a specified period before the injection known as npo is to reduce the risk of vomiting and aspirating contents into the lungs while sedation. Aspiration can be deadly. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Steroid type medication done under a local anesthesia with or without IV sedation in a sterile setting either with or without fliuroscopic or x-ray guidance into space below the lamina but above the dura or lining of the nerve tissue of the spine with the needle passing through natural openings between the lamina given for pain relief due to inflammation from a disc ...Read more
Normal: If it does not resolve in a week, call your doctor to see what options you may have regarding this increased pain. Although uncommon, it can happen and usually will go away on its own. ...Read more
How should it take to see results from a cervical epidural steroid injection if it's going to work?
The epidural space is an anatomical space just outside the fluid filled sac that contains the spinal cord and brain. Anesthesiologists and pain physicians are skilled at placing needles or catheters (tubes) into this space in the spinal canal to administer medications. These medicines can treat the pain of surgery or labor. These medicines can also be used to treat chronic ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if i eat before an epidural steroid injection?
- What happens if you eat before epidural?
- What happens if you eat something with an epidural?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some benefits of an epidural steroid injection?
- What are the common risks of epidural steroid injections?
- What are the risks and dangers of epidural steroid injection in the back?
- What happens if you drink the night before lasik?
- Talk to a neurologist online