Doctor insights on:
What Happens If You Dont Take Anti Rejection Drugs
NO: The grafting material, unless it is your own bone, usually only provide a scaffold for your blood vessel to proliferating and bring in your own bone cell, differentiate, and mature into your bone. Anti rejection drug applied more for using a live graft (an organ, bone marrow, etc.) and assuming its function. Thus anti rejection drug is not prescribed for bone graft procedure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: There are certain anti-rejection meds with significant drug-drug interaction that makes it necessary to take them separately. A good example is cyclosporine and sirolimus and one needs to take them separately (usually 4 hrs apart). I encourage you to speak to your transplant physicians/nurse coordinators for detailed information. ...Read more
Rejection risk: Hi. Rejection depends on multiple variables, and therefore is fairly unpredictable. Why has the patients skipped 3 consecutive doses? I would recommend talking with the transplant physician to see what needs to be done. Rejection is not a good thing. This patient should be more compliant with the antirejection regimen. Good luck to the patient! ...Read more
For the first time in almost a year I forgot to take the morning dose of anti rejection meds. What should I do?
What if you forget to take your anti rejection meds on time, but do take them a couple hours later every day?
Is it safe to stop anti rejection drugs for organ transplant after 3 years since no complications developed?
Hard to say.: Immunosuppression medications are necessary to prevent the body from attacking the transplanted kidney. If the medications are stopped, the body begins to attack (reject) the organ and the kidney will eventually fail. Once this happens, dialysis will need to be started. Many factors affect the rate at which the body attacks the kidney, making an exact answer to your question difficult. ...Read more
People have anti-rejection drugs for organ replacement why can't you have the same for blood transfusions?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What if transplant kidney patient forgets to take anti rejection drugs?
- What happens if you dont take your full tuberculosis pills?
- What happens if you dont take prenatal vitamins?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What would happen if you take viagra or cialis without a erectile dysfunction?
- What happens if you take too much aleve?
- What happens if you dont follow thru on a check up after an abortion?
- What happens if you drink alcohol and take metformin?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free