Doctor insights on:
What Happens If You Accidentally Lick Battery Acid
Very bad effect: Battery acid poisoning; hydrogen sulfate poisoning; oil of vitriol poisoning; matting acid poisoning; vitriol brown oil poisoning sulfuric acid is a very strong chemical that is corrosive. Corrosive means it can cause severe burns and tissue damage when it comes into contact with the skin or mucous membranes. ...Read more
Hi I got dry battery acid on my fingers I washed them 3 times will I be safe to touch my baby and food?
There were some problems in boat with battery acid. How quickly it affects, if there spread some drops to clothes or skin? In hours? In days?
The acid would cause burns on the skin. The lesions would show up in minutes to a couple of days, depending on how concentrated the acid was. If you washed it soon after exposure, you should be okay.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex. ...Read more
How would you know if you gotten car battery acid in your mouth? What are them symptoms? If it was swallowed would it just effect your stomach?
Sour, painful: It would instantaneously be both very sour tasking and would painfully burn your mouth. If no such feelings within a few seconds, none got in your mouth. ...Read more
This site is for: medical information - not for science fiction. I haven't a clue what would happen if a zombie were immersed in sulfuric acid. ...Read more
Sulfuric acid burn: Wash it, cover and keep clean.Get a more detailed answer ›
Im chemistry lab I got either sulfuric acid or NaOH (25% concentration)on my hand. I washed it off now theres a small burn. Should I do anything else?
Chemical Burn: For either burn you did well by washing off the substance. I would apply a burn ointment like Neosporin and protect the injured area with a loosely applied gauze held in place with paper tape. Observe for blistering and/or spreading redness which would require a physician's evaluation. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
What if a cat lick water in a WaterDipper den I clean it(WD) w/ water den accidentally pour it in open wound,Do i have rabies even if the cat isNormal?
I was wonder what happen when someone lick a sharpie permanent marker from there hand by accidentally without notice in the first place. It happen today. Any information what is the cause and effect will that be! and I already feel dizzy! and treatm
Probably okay: I think you're probably okay. I'm sure others have done this before. Our bodies are pretty amazing in their ability to tolerate the things we do to it & a 1 time "sharpie lick" is probably not as bad as some of the things we actually feed ourselves! so this 1 time lick should be okay. If you're dizzy it might be from the anxiety this episode seems to have caused-take a nice slow breath and relax! ...Read more
My cat just lick my Juice and I accidentally drink it.Cat isnot rabies vaccinated.Btw he kinda looks normal no erraticbehaviour.VaccinatedbeforePOSTep?
Rabies: If the cat is available it might help to quarantine it and observe it. If not, the risk is minimal at best, particularly since you have previously been immunized. You do not say how long ago that has been, but you can check at Makati Med Ctr if you are in Manila, or at PGH ...Read more
Metallic/sour taste in mouth, licking lips is worse. Why is this, and what causes it? I have had problems w/acid lately and ibs.
They'll outgrow it: Toddlers and babies often experience the world by tasting it. This is normal behavior. The most important thing when you have children this age is to make sure anything toxic that they might put in their mouths is either out of reach, locked up, or preferably both. This includes any household product that's scented...If it smells good it will be eaten....Or any small objects like batteries etc. ...Read more
Just generally : Un hygeinic and certainly all std'sand other infections can be transmitted to the the one doing the licking. Generally not a condoned activity in my opinion. ...Read more
Sexual techniques: Your question is out of bounds for medical advice. I doubt that even in person a physician would hesitate to answer this. But, i often recommend that patients talk to their friends, read sexual manuals such as "the joy of sex". I would be you already know the answer to your question. If you can orgasm with masturbation then teaching your partner how this works for you may be all you need. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happen if you swallow a button battery?
- What happens if a diabetic blood testing needle accidentally pricks you?
- What happens if you accidentally take too many allergra?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What would happen if you accidentally swallowed small pieces of a plastic fork?
- Can battery acid kill you?
- What would happen if adult swallow a button battery?
- What would happen if a adult swallow a button battery?
- Licked battery acid