Doctor insights on:
What Happens If Thyroid Stops Working
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens when your tyroid stops working?
- What happens if the adrenal gland stops working?
- What happens if your pancreas stops working?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens when chemotherapy stops working?
- What can happen if your thyroid is not working?
- What happens when your thyroid stops functioning?
- What happens when my endocrine gland stops working?
- What happens when thyroid stops working?