Doctor insights on:
What Happens If I Use Annual Contact Lens Longer Than A Year
Depends: Each lens is designed to last a different amount of time. Some lenses are replaced daily, some two weeks, and some one month. A few lenses are replaced quarterly but these need to be enzyme cleaned weekly. The difference in lenses is how well they repel protein and other deposits. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Varies: This depends entirely upon your usage pattern. Do you rinse the lens once? Twice? Three times per insertion. Do you take out your lenses daily? Weekly? Monthly? Are you liberal with use of the solution or use it sparingly? And how big is the bottle your are using? All of these must be factored in to determine the length of time a bottle will last. ...Read more
Prescription: It expires when your prescription changes.Get a more detailed answer ›
What kind of lens?: Although there are extended wear contact lenses, i recommended daily removal before sleeping. Tears provide anti-infective compounds and enzymes which are in short supply during sleep when tear production drops. This puts the eye at greater risk for potentially sight threatening infections. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Wearing a torn contact lens
- What can happen if my periods are 3months long or longer and i dont see a doctor?
- What is risk of wearing disposable contact lens a little longer than you should?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What will happen if i let a deep cut on my hand heal on its own without stitches?
- What could happen if i miss a dose of clomiphene?
- What happens if i accidently hit a vein with humira pen?
- Is it safe to wear only one contact lens if i have a lazy eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free