Doctor insights on:
What Happens If I Have A Fistula
A fistula is an abnormal connection between two places. Most commonly, it originates somewhere in the intestine and communicates to another location in the intestine or in the skin. A fistula can develop after abdominal surgery, with inflammatory bowel disease, cancer, anorectal abscess, and ...Read more
I have a fistula and undergoing hd tor 2 yrs and i lift weights that's ok w/ my doc. Is there a limit w/ the weights i carry and is my fistula safe?
Tricky: I cannot answer on your particular situation without a direct exam. Fistula's are sometimes partly artificial material like plastic. Fistula's sometimes when entirely natural (your own artery and vein) get abnormally shaped, scarred, fragile. In these cases, weight lifting might, possibly be a risk for some weight exercises.. Obviously, if you aren't putting any pressure on it, not much risk. ...Read more
Symptoms can get: Worse and an otherwise simple fistula, easy to repair, can develop into a more complex fistula, much more difficult to repair and associated with a poorer success rate. Best to make the time to determine the reason for the fistula, correct that, and if necessary have your fistula repaired before it becomes more problematic. ...Read more
Drainage, Abscess: Failure to correct an anal fistula generally leads to persistent drainage, recurrent peri rectal abscesses and gradual fibrosis of the anal sphincter. Correction of anal fistulas is generally indicated. See a board certified colorectal surgeon. Some fistulas are simple, but some are very complex. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What will happen if i have a pinched meniscus?
- What will happen if i have a flonase overdose?
- What could happen if i have a cyst on my ovary?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What will happen if i let a deep cut on my hand heal on its own without stitches?
- What happens if i am having contractions but not dilating?
- What to do if i have a sore near my uvula?
- What does it mean if i have a metallic taste in your mouth?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free