Doctor insights on:
What Happens If Giardiasis Is Left Untreated
What will happen if giardiasis and gonorrhea are left untreated on fertility of a man ? I am 26 years old man
Gonorrhea: Untreated gonorrhea in men can cause epididymitis - an infection in ducts attached to testicles where sperm mature. This can cause shrinking of the infected testicle, abscesses, and infected sores in the surrounding scrotum area and can ultimately lead to infertility. Am unaware of any infertility issues related to giardia infection in men. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Please see below: Children and adults who have giardia infection without symptoms usually don't need treatment unless they're likely to spread the parasites. Many people who do have problems often get better on their own in a few weeks. If you have to treat:metronidazole (flagyl). Tinidazole (tindamax). Nitazoxanide (alinia). ...Read more
No: Giardia was once felt to be harmless but its association with diarrhea, malabsorption and waterborne outbreaks has clearly established its pathogenicity. This protozoan is treated with various drugs including tinidazole, metronidazole(flagyl), Albendazole and paromomycin. It cannot be healed "naturally". ...Read more
Yes and no: Host immunity plays a role in elimination of giardia and provides some protection against infection on re-challenge. Partial protective immunity can develop. This is supported by epidemiologic studies of human giardiasis. Reinfection is common especially in children in endemic settings. Reinfection can be due to infectiion with different genotypes of the organism. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What will happen if giardiasis is left untreated?
- What happens if dysplasia is left untreated?
- What happens if a thyroid is left untreated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if trichomoniasis is left untreated?
- What happens with melanoma if left untreated?
- What happens if hypothyroidism is left untreated?
- What happens if hypogonadism is left untreated?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free