Doctor insights on:
What Happens If Giardia Is Left Untreated
Get treated: Why would you even think about not being treated? Treatment is very easy (including some single-dose options) and giardiasis is much worse than any possible side effects. Probably your immune system would clear giardia, but not necessarily; some infections may persist indefinitely. Symptoms probably would eventually improve, even if the infection continues, but it might take weeks or months. ...Read more
Giardia Lamblia: The medication can be purchased at a pharmacy once the diagnosis is confirmed by a medical provider and an appropriate prescription has been written. ...Read more
Unlikely: not reallyGet a more detailed answer ›
Start with your: physician so that you can be prescribed an appropriate medication. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if dysplasia is left untreated?
- What happens if a thyroid is left untreated?
- What will happen if giardiasis is left untreated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if thrush is left untreated?
- What happens if trichomoniasis is left untreated?
- What happens with melanoma if left untreated?
- What happens if hypothyroidism is left untreated?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online