Doctor insights on:
What Happens If Foot Fungus Is Left Untreated
I have athletes foot and also a terrible dry cough with gagging. Could they be related? can a foot fungus travel to the lungs if left untreated?
Sometimes nothing: Other times it can spread...Can spread to different body parts. If it is inbetween toes it can cause a deeper infection thru cracks in the skin. Oftentimes, fungus on the skin will cause fungus on toenails.....Best to get rid of as usually a cream for a couple of weeks is pretty effective. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Technically...: if you mean KINDS as to type of species - it's quite numerous but the most common is trichophyton rubrum. Tinea pedis (aka foot fungus) is an infection which is the result of microscopic fungus organisms that lives on dead tissue of the hair and outer skin layers - TYPES include inter digitally, moccasin-like or vesicular. Onychomycosis describes fungal infection of the nails. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Superficially Yes!: Contaminated hands are generally the culprit. If you are caring for fungus on the foot using a topical powder or topical cream--wash your hands afterwards because you can spread the fungus to other areas of the skin; dry the feet with a different towel than the groin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if athlete's foot is left untreated?
- What can happen if diabetic foot infections are left untreated?
- What happens if dysplasia is left untreated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What will happen if giardiasis is left untreated?
- What happens if giardiasis is left untreated?
- What happens if thrush is left untreated?
- What happens if trichomoniasis is left untreated?
- Talk to a dermatologist online