Doctor insights on:
What Happens If Cpr Is Performed On A Healthy Person
You'll know it.: CPR is needed when the heart isn't pumping i.e. Cardiac arrest. In this situation the patient will remain unresponsive even if "fast and hard" chest compressions are being given. If the patient is not in cardiac arrest (sleeping, intoxicated, etc), they will respond in some way when compressions are begun as compressions are not pleasant. Look at it this way, if they wake up, your job is done. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Broadly speaking, cardioplumonary resuscitation (cpr), is the act of compressing the heart in an effort to create blood flow. This is typically performed as "external" or "closed chest" cpr, as taught by the america heart association. When performed with assisted ventilation, it is possible to deliver enough oxygen to the heart for it to regain its ability to ...Read more
Unable: They may be unable to perform cpr. They may be able to help in other ways. ...Read more
Not sure of question: Any first responder operating in good faith is likely protected by good samaritan clauses as long as care is transferred to formally trained individuals who arrive soon thereafter. If you are asking if an individual who is trained should perform CPR if first on seen, that's a moral question, not a legal one. One would hope that any help is better than none would be the deciding factor to help. ...Read more
If heart stops...: If the person's heart stops, regardless of the possible cause, CPR should be started, if you know how to do it. If you are not trained in cpr, call 911 immediately and they can tell you how to perform cpr. If you are interested in learning how to do cpr, there are classes available, including by the american red cross. But even if there is a pe, if the heart stops, CPR is needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Adults use 2 hands lower 1/2 of sternum 100+/min. Kids (1-8yo) 1 hand lower 1/2 of sternum 100+/min. Infants ( ...Read more
Can you tell me if someone were to die from sufficating and you performed cpr on them immideatly after they died could you bring them back to life?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens to a person if head lice is never treated?
- What happens if the dorsal root of a spinal nerve is damaged?
- What will happen if i let a deep cut on my hand heal on its own without stitches?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What would happen if you got a mosquito bite on your eye?
- What happens if the colon is perforated during a colonoscopy?
- What happens if a brain tumor is left untreaetd?
- What happens if the ventral root of a spinal nerve is severed?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free