Doctor insights on:
What Gland Is Affected By Paget's Disease
None: While called an endocrine disorder, to my knowledge, there is no specific organ/gland damage. Any pathologist can to weigh in? ...Read more
Yes: An eponym is a person, a place, or thing for whom or for which something is named. Sir James Paget first described Paget disease (PD) of the breast in 1874. He also described Pagets disease of bone. He served both as a well known surgeon as well as Pathologist in the mid 18 hundreds . His famous works included Lectures on Tumours (1851) and Lectures on Surgical Pathology (1853) ...Read more
Pagets and eye: Pagets disease increases bone density which can gradually close off nerves and blood vessels in any part of the body that they pass through. There are a few cases in which the nerves and vessels leading to the eye are narrowed affecting the health and vision of the eyes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nipple changes: Paget's disease of the breast is a type of cancer that involves the nipple and/or the dark tissue around the nipple (areloa). Often there is another tumor within the breast. Symptoms involve the nipple and include crusting, thickening, itching, scabbing or bleeding. There are many non-cancerous reasons for nipple symptoms, but if you have changes that don't resolve, see your health provider! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Which?: Paget's disease of bone is a relatively benign and self-limited condition which can sometimes cause pain and in the worst case, deformity or fragility. But paget's disease of the breast is often a manifestation of an underlying breast cancer, which can certainly be fatal if untreated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of paget s disease?
- What is paget s disease of the breast?
- What system is affected by removal of the thyroid gland?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What organs are affected by kidney disease?
- What neurotransmitters are affected by huntingtons disease medication?
- What are the organ systems affected by huntingtons disease?
- What specific chromosomes are affected by the celiac disease?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free