Doctor insights on:
What Gland Is Affected By Paget's Disease
Numerous parts: peripheral nerves and different parts of the brain can be involved. ...Read more
Sweat Chloride: If you are referring to cystic fibrosis, the standard diagnostic test is to conduct 2 back-to-back sweat chloride tests. These tests measure the amount of sodium and chloride in the sweat content; levels of 60 milliequivalents per liter or above are considered diagnostic. The disease can also be diagnosed by running a genetic test, but this is more expensive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What causes diminished excretion by the parotid and submandibular glands?I do not any autoimmune diseases.
None: While called an endocrine disorder, to my knowledge, there is no specific organ/gland damage. Any pathologist can to weigh in? ...Read more
No: They are different disease processes altogether.Get a more detailed answer ›
Huntington's disease, an often fatal disease of the central nervous system, is inherited from a dominant alle, is this right?
Yes: Autosomal dominant disorder with the presence of excess numbers of tri-nucleotide repeats within the Huntington's gene on human chromosome 4. ...Read more
Immune demyelination: Yes. Best discussion go to uptodate.com I recommend using only uptodate to find medical info on web. ...Read more
Is chronic enlargement of submandibular gland in sjogren's syndrome dangerous? Is it suggesting a end stage disease?
Great question: This great question to which a book could be written in reply. Simply, there are rare cancers that can be passed on from a parent. In general however, genetic susceptibility is passed from a parent and modified by a persons environmental exposure. ...Read more
YES: Kuru is a rare and fatal brain disorder that occurred at epidemic levels during the 1950s-60s among the fore people in the highlands of new guinea. The disease was the result of the practice of ritualistic cannibalism among the fore, in which relatives prepared and consumed the tissues (including brain) of deceased family members. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is paget s disease of the breast?
- What organs are affected by parkinsons disease?
- What organs are affected by kidney disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What neurotransmitters are affected by huntingtons disease medication?
- What are the organ systems affected by huntingtons disease?
- What specific chromosomes are affected by the celiac disease?
- What parts of the endocrine system does paget's disease affect?
- What endocrine gland system is affected by paget's disease?