Doctor insights on:
What Function Does Your Thyroid Serve
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
I suggest: You rethink and meet with a live doctor to help you sort this out, you are 99.99% mistaken. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens when your thyroid stops functioning?
- What does a cyst on your thyroid mean?
- What does your thyroid look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your thyroid is swollen?
- What is the function of a thyroid?
- What is the function of a thyroid gland?
- Does starvation decrease thyroid function?
- What purpose does your thyroid serve?