Doctor insights on:
What Forms Of Bacterial Infections Are Common For Gastroenteritis
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Too many to name: There are many, many bacterial infections. Every part of your body is subject to bacterial infection, and the fact that you are not sick from infections all the time, that fact that you survive at all, is a testament to how miraculous the immune system is. There are bacteria everywhere you go. Some bacteria are likely to cause infection, most are not. We are surrounded, and yet we survive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is the incubation period (infection to symptoms) for common viral/bacterial infections the same in a 4 week old as an adult?
Higher but still low: Anti-tumor necrosis factor drugs have emerged as important agents in the treatment of many chronic inflammatory diseases. One of the risks of anti-tnf therapy is the small but significant risk of serious opportunistic infection. These include increased risks of certain fungal, viral and bacterial infections, but not to all pathogens. The risk is still small and should be balanced with benefits. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not quantified: Secondary bacterial infections are common enough to make most of the lists of complications of ebv that leads to infectious mononucleosis, but i could not find that a case rate had been published at this time (i.e. A percentage of cases that develop secondary infections). The illness does cause relative immune compromise through splenic inflammation and neutropenia in some cases. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the common types of leukemia for a 25 year old?
- What are the most common complications of a nissen fundoplication for gerd?
- Gout fibromyalgia and lupus are common forms of what
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the dangers of not taking your antibiotics for your sinus infection?
- What are the most common symptoms of rickettsial infection?
- What are the most common forms of tendonitis and tenosynovitis?
- What kind of antibiotics are used for staph infection?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free