Doctor insights on:
What Foods To Avoid After A Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy diet: "there are no uniform general dietary restrictions for patients who have had thyroid surgery, however your surgeon may ask you to temporarily institute a low iodine diet if you need to receive radio-iodine treatment for cancer after thyroidectomy." http://www.Utsouthwestern.Edu/utsw/cda/dept48055/files/317737.Html. ...Read more
What supps/foods should I eat/avoid since thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer? Recently cleared for Papillary Thyroid cancer. Need to lose 15 lbs now.
Remember : For weight loss the strongest predictor is your caloric intake. So you need to be mindful of how much you are eating. I would encourage you to minimize processed, artificial foods and consume colorful veggies. In the end, there's no perfect "diet" as some people's bodies respond well to Mediterranean while others the Atkins while others the Paleo. There's no perfect way to tell. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A long time!: Great question! after thyroidectomy levels may take 2-6 weeks to fall enough to notice. Since you listed Propranolol as a medication i'm guessing you had your thyroid removed because it was overactive. In that case your levels might be high for a while. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: General anesthesia can make some patients very sick with nausea or even vomitting. Thyroidectomy can also cause neck pain and general anesthesia can cause a sore throat due to intubation! subtotal thyroidectomy can lead to hypothyroidism with symptoms of lethargy, weakness, cold intolerance and weight gain. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Foods to avoid after total thyroidectomy
- What is the effective food to avoid pregnancy after intercourse?
- What foods to avoid during a shingles outbreak?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are good healing foods for the body to eat after a hysterectomy?
- What to do after eating a lot of junk food?
- What to expect after a total thyroidectomy?
- What is good to eat after a night of food poisoning?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online