Doctor insights on:
What Foods Or Herbs Can Make People Lactate
Fenugreek: There have been a number of herbs, spices and foods used traditionally to stimulate milk production, including asparagus, milk thistle, brewer's yeast, and alfalfa. But fenugreek is probably the most used and has the best evidence supporting it. Working with a lactation consultant is my favorite way to increase milk supply. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Lactation is the act of making breast milk. The chemical lactate is lactic acid, a product of glucose metabolism. If there are abnormalities of the kidney or the metabolism of glucose, Lactic Acid may be high. Don't confuse lactate with lactose, which is the sugar found in milk that causes gas and cramps in people ...Read more
Is lactating a cause of darken my face complexion.What kind of food I should take now to get my complexion back?
What herbs can i take to help with lactating AND how can i tell when when breasts are empty after breastfeeding?
Herbs& breastfeeding: Fenugreek seed-3 caps (580-610mg each) 3 times a day with food and Blessed Thistle herb 3 caps (325-390 mg each) 3 times a day with food. Increased frequency of nursing helps milk production more than increased duration. 10 minutes of vigorous nursing will empty most of the milk in a breast. I recommend that if this is a recently born infant, nurse 10 min a side, every 2-3 hrs days, 3-4 hrs nites ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there a way to get my g/f to lactate even though she's not pregnant & is only taking estrogen & progesterone (b/c she lacks that)? Any herbs, etc?
Is lactating, food cravings, excessive tiredness, and moodiness (like crying while reading something mushy) hormone related like menopause?
6 months: Years ago, breastfeading was frowned on & many made "formula" from boiled cow milk&karo. Since cow milk is designed for calves, infants were fed early & often to make up for deficiences in cow milk. Now that breast is back, or formulas mimic breast, solids are optional. The sitting child is more capable of participating & few sit before 6m. Babies can wait past a year and thrive. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What foods or drinks or herbs actually can clear plaques out of arteries?
- What type of food and drinks can make the pain from arthritis better or worse?
- What foods make you lactate?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can my wife eat or drink to make her extremly wet durring sex?
- Can sitting too close too the laptop or television make people cross eyed?
- What herbs or drugs are anti aromatase or can suppress estrogen?
- What foods or habits make appendicitis more likely?
- What food or drinks can help make my heartburn pain go away?