Doctor insights on:
What Foods Or Habits Make Appendicitis More Likely
Appendicitis is inflammation of the appendix which is a finger-shaped pouch that projects off of the colon. It causes right lower quadrant pain that radiates and becomes worse over time. Common symptoms are abdominal pain localizing to the right lower quadrant, nausea or vomiting, and loss of appetite. Appendicitis is treated with IV fluids + antibiotics and appendectomy (surgical removal of the appendix) either as an ...Read more
No: Having an appendix puts anyone at risk of appendicitis. It does not appear to be related to certain foods. It is more common in males and at around the age of 10-11 years so there is likely a relationship with growth and underlying anatomy as it does concentrate in families. There are underlying diseases that make appendicitis more likely. As far as I know nothing will prevent it from occurring. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Anything, when u can: Once your stomach/intestine recovered and function normally again--able to eat and poop etc..You can resume your usual diet. Of course, being a primary care physician, I am going to tell you that you should eat a healthy, balanced diet--see pyramid for food types/servings--and doing plenty of exercise as well as seeing doc on a regular basis for preventive care. Consult doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What things make appendicitis more likely?
- Are there particular foods that make premature ejaculation more likely?
- What things make dry socket more likely?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are girls more likely to get appendicitis than boys?
- What are the factors that make it more likely to get benign positional vertigo?
- What are the factors that make it more likely to get inflammation of a nerve?
- What are the factors that make it more likely to get colorectal cancer?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free