Doctor insights on:
What Food Should I Tke If I Have Toxic Goiter
Get treated: Diet matters little or noting. You have graves disease or less likely one or more hot nodules. This will first make your life totally miserable and then kill you unless you accept definitive treatment (surgery, radioactive iodine) and until then the medication that will control it. Despite what you may read on the internet, diet and supplements aren't the key in managing life-threatening disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a diffuse toxic goiter or also known as grave's disease. Currently, I am under medication. What food should I eat and avoid? Thank you!
Exam, lab and US: In order to know if you have a goiter ( a swelling of the thyroid gland) a simple hands on exam is adequate. To know if it is toxic one would need a review of symptoms and a lab test (tsh). To know if it is diffuse one could use history and exam pretty reliably or obtain an ultrasound definitively ...Read more
Hyperthyroidism: Inappropriately high thyroid hormone, causes tachyarrhythmias, proptosis, weight loss, feeling hot all the time, etc. The treatments can be medical, radiotherapeutic, or surgical. Despite being a radiation oncologist, I do not know if i-131 treatment is ever used in pediatrics, but i suspect not. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What foods should i avoid if i have gallstones and a fatty liver?
- What foods should i avoid if i have fatty liver?
- What should i do if my baby does not like the new foods i am having him try?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of food should i eat if i already have osteoporosis?
- What foods should i avoid if i have an ulcer?
- What foods should i avoid if i have diverticulitis?
- What foods should i avoid if i have gallstones?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online