Doctor insights on:
What Food Is Prohibited To Person With Goiter
Mostly bromine: Some worry about raw cruciferous veggies like broccoli ; cauliflower -- but you can avoid the problem by cooking them. The main culprit is brominated compounds, found in some soft drinks like mountain dew, gatorade, sun drop, squirt, fresca and other citrus-flavored sodas; pesticides on strawberries, etc; bakery goods ; flours containing potassium bromate http://tinyurl.Com/y9lfc3w read labels! ...Read more
No food restrictions: Worldwide, the common reason for goiter is a lack of iodine, known as iodine deficiency. In order to absorb as much iodine from the bloodstream as possible, the thyroid gets bigger due to an increase in thyroid cells. In america, people get enough iodine in their diet (usually through iodine added to salt), so there aren't good nor bad foods with regard to the thyroid problem. ...Read more
Please refocus: If you have a diffuse goiter, you need to find the cause. If you have graves' or are iodine deficient (does your town use iodized salt?), your health will be ruined without real, scientific treatment. If you are one of the many millions of folks who just has a big thyroid, diet's not going to affect it; if you / your dr feel it needs to be treated, scientific medicine once again can help. ...Read more
Get treated: Diet matters little or noting. You have graves disease or less likely one or more hot nodules. This will first make your life totally miserable and then kill you unless you accept definitive treatment (surgery, radioactive iodine) and until then the medication that will control it. Despite what you may read on the internet, diet and supplements aren't the key in managing life-threatening disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Please see below: Iodine is undoubtedly most helpful in many cases, but should be introduced in organic form. All foods containing iodine should be taken liberally. These are asparagus, cabbage, carrots, garlic, onion, oats, pineapple, whole rice, tomatoes, watercress and strawberries. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What food is good for a person with bradycardia?
- Its good to put salt in food of a baby with 7months what is the best food
- What foods can a person with diverticulitis not have to eat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the effective food to avoid pregnancy after intercourse?
- What foods are you not allowed to eat when taking doxycycline with meals?
- What is the average life expectancy of a person with cardiomyopathy?
- What is lipid panel with reflex to direct ldl?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online