Doctor insights on:
What Eye Drops Are Good For Dry Eyes And How Long Can You Use The Drops
Are there good natural cures for dry eyes? I don’t want to use drugs and medicated eye drops if i can help it. I’ve read that flaxseed oil can help make tears more oily so they don’t evaporate so fast. Is this true? Are there any other natural solutions?
How can I make dry eyes more comfortable with contacts? I’ve always preferred contacts, but in the last few years i’ve started having really dry eyes. I use artificial tears eye drops, and they work when i’m wearing glasses, but not so good when i’m weari
Treat cause: The best way to make your dry eyes better is to find out the cause of your dry eye disease. Environmental exposure, decrease mucin , aqueous, lipid, pharmacologic, hormonal etc. Get an exam to determine the cause so you can get a customized treatment plan. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Artificial tears: Lubricating eye drops without chemicals that relieve redness are the best drops to start with. If you do not get relief after several days of using the drops 4 times per day, see an eye doctor to evaluate if other treatments would work better for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Please may i know what causes dry eyes. I noticed patches in my eyes and heard to use lubricating eye drops. Is this okay?
Many things.: Dry eyes can be secondary to diseases like arthritis, and many related conditions, age, drugs, like antihistamines and birth control medications. Difficult to say what you describe as "patches" is, but the could be pinguecula, normal deposits of fat on the conjunctiva, nasal side or ear side. These are nothing to be concerned about. If red, painful or enlarging, see an eye doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the best eye drops to use for allergies?
- What are the best eye drops for red eyes?
- How long can you use steroid eye drops?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treatment for dry, itchy corners of the eyes
- Can i use contact lens solution instead of those costly drops for dry eyes?
- What is in drops for dry eyes cant i just use visine?
- How can you tell the difference between tired eyes and dry eyes?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free