Doctor insights on:
What Eye Conditions Would Require You To Be Prescribed Sunglasses
Several: Conditions that create severe pain when in bright lights such as uveitis, iritis, forms of ocular albinism, patients who have inflammation after surgery may require sunglasses. Most insurance companies will not accept sunglass prescriptions alone without a note from a doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Light sensitivity: Sunglasses protect from bright light. Any eye treatment which dilates the pupil would benefit from sunglasses . Inflamed eyes are also light sensitive, and sunglasses are of benefit also in those conditions. Sunglasses are otherwise good protection against uv light exposure for anyones eyes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not necessary: The lcd displays have little or no radiation that can in anyway damage the eye. So there is no need to wear sunglasses. There is a diagnosis as cvs, or computer vision syncrome, which is nothing but tiredness, poorly fitted glasses; or dry eyes after hours of computer use are possible. Neck problems have also been noted. No direct damage to the eye has been noted. ...Read more
Take breaks: Computers, electronic gizmos, and screen-staring can be such a huge part of our lives now. Best way to protect your eyes (and neck, shoulders, back, wrists...Really, all over): be sure to take breaks every 30 minutes. Do something different. Get up and get moving. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No need: There is no need to wear sunglasses when working with lcd or led monitors. They have little or no radiation. There was a problem years ago with video display of old cathode ray monitors which emitted radiation, but i don't think you are still using that? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What conditions is alavert usually prescribed for?
- Under what conditions would you prescribe an maoi for depression
- What patient conditions require immediate cardioversion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What would happen if you got a mosquito bite on your eye?
- What is the minimum and maximum eye pressure required?
- What are the dangers of taking diet pills not prescribed to you?
- What would cause my eye to twitch?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free