Doctor insights on:
What Exactly Is The Giardia Vaccine
Latin word for cow, vacca, because of the smallpox/cowpox work of edward jenner, vaccination is the administration of a substance, live organism or otherwise, that stimulates the immune response to prevent a specific disease. Primarily a preventative procedure, some vaccines can ...Read more
A lifesaver: The Menactra is a conjugate vaccine (mcv4) that protects against 4 types of Meningococcal disease. Meningococcal disease can be rapid and devastating. It's one of the most common causes of bacterial meningitis which is an infection of the covering of the brain and spinal cord. It also causes infections in the bloodstream. The vaccine's well tolerated and given at age 11 with a booster at 16. ...Read more
Not live...: The flu vaccine does not have any live flu virus. Rather, it consists of killed virus or protein from the virus. Your immune system then reacts against the virus protein and makes antibodies so that if your body then is exposed to the actual virus, the antibodies needed to kill it are already there. This prevents you from getting sick from the virus since the antibodies kill it first! ...Read more
Boost immunity: These vaccines contain small amounts of inactivated viral particles that cause our immune systems to develop antibodies which leads to immunity against these diseases. Some vaccines, such as the chickenpox vaccine, contain small amounts of live viral particles leading to the development of anitbodies and immunity. ...Read more
Vaccine for virus: Vaccine for virus called human papilloma virus. That virus cause all genital warts and is responsible for lots of cancers - all cervical cancers, as well as a bulk of anal, vaginal, and vulvar cancers. It also causes most non-melanoma skin cancers and most head and neck cancers. Gardisil is approved to prevent genital warts and cervical, vaginal and vulvar cancer and annals cancer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My son got the mmr vaccine 12 days ago and now developed a rash all over his body. It looks exactly like measles and fever of 100.4 is this normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between trigger point therapy and prolotherapy exactly?
- What happens during a stress test and what exactly is the doctor looking for?
- What is the full form of bcg vaccine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What exactly is monosodium glutamate and what effect does it have on the brain?
- What is the difference between children and adult flu vaccines?
- What exactly is atypical hyperplasia of the breast?
- What should be done if the last dose of hepatitis a vaccine is delayed?
- Talk to a pediatrician online