Doctor insights on:
What Exactly Is Pink Eye And How Does Someone Catch It
See your Doctor: You need evaluation to see if it is viral or bacterial infection or allergic pink eye conjunctivitis.The treatment depends on the cause bacterial conjunctivitis can be treated with prescription antibiotic drops, viral is treated differently.Allergic conjunctivitis is treated with antihistamine eye drops with/without oral antihistamines see your doctor or opthalmologist, you can get any of these@80. ...Read more
I had viral pink eye and was diagnosed with adenovirus. My husband caught it, and I am almost 100 percent better. Can i catch it back from him?
Bacterial infection: You could certainly get a bacterial conjunctivitis from such an exposure. Classic pink eye is a virus. I runs a course and only symptomatic treatment is required. A bacterial infection will usually have more severe and purulent discharge and can require an antibiotic for treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How can I get rid of lingering pink eye? My son comes down with pink eye at least once a month (thanks, kindergarten!). It usually clears up in a couple of days, but when i catch it from him, i usually have it for a week or more. What's the deal? I'm heal
Kids : Kids bring home lots of viruses, and you seem to be rather susceptible. You will catch things less if you wash your hands before touching your eyes. If you get pink eye that you did not catch from your son, then it may be something completely different, and you should see an eye doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rare but possible: The cold virus can be transferred to the eye from direct contact (touching an infected person or an object with the virus on it) or contact with airborne virus (from a sneeze or breath). Although it is unlikely for a viral ear infection to pass to someone's eye, the virus can last on surfaces for several hours. If they touch their ear, then you touch them, and then your eye, it is possible... ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What exactly is brain neurophysiology and how does it change in an addiction?
- What is pink eye and how do you get it?
- What is pink eye and what does it look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to catch pink eye?
- What is piracetam and how does it work?
- What is a liver lesion and how does it affect people with cirrhosis?
- What does it mean to have endometrial cancer and how is it linked to obesity?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free