Doctor insights on:
What Exactly Is Nonerosive Reflux Disease
Reflux is also known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease. Acid reflux is defined as the presence of acidic gastric contents in the esophagus causing irritation. It's cause is blamed on the a lax gastroesophageal shpincter that permits usch regurgitation. Vesicoureteral reflux is regurgitation (backing up) of urine in the bladder into the ureter ...Read more
Endoscopy: Upper endoscopy (egd) is the procedure of choice if you have had frequent acid reflux, indigestion or heartburn for more than 6 months. The egd allows detailed inspection of the lining of the esophagus for any inflammation or pre-cancerous changes (barrett's esophagus). Biopsies are often taken to differentiate these changes. After egd, proper treatment can be recommended. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many...: Subtle symptoms of acid reflux include frequent throat clearing, sensation of something stuck in the throat, dry cough, voice changes, postnasal drip, and mucus in the throat. Less subtle symptoms obviously include heartburn or indigestion pain, or even brash (stomach contents reaching the back of the throat). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between heartburn and acid reflux disease?
- What exactly is latent and silent celiac disease?
- What is gastroesophageal reflux disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What exactly is polycystic ovary disease?
- What exactly is white stuff in urine?
- What is the difference between colitis disease and diverticulitis?
- What is the difference between multicystic kidneys and polycystic kidney disease?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online