Doctor insights on:
What Exactly Is A High Protein Diet
No: Nutrition today is quite complex. Why? The food industry has made every form of artificial food whether it be protein, fat, or carbs; available to consumers. Try to eat fresh, natural-organic foods, usually a balance of 15-25 % protein, 15-25% fat, and 50-75 complex carb---fruits. And veggies not much breads, rice or starchy foods. Lots of water at least 2 liters a day. ...Read more
Yes: I do not recommend high fat, high sodium processed meats such as sausage, however. ...Read more
Size, activity, age: Our protein needs depend on our age, size, and activity level. To estimate your minimum daily protein requirement multiply the body weight in pounds by .37. This is the number of grams of protein that should be the daily minimum. According to this method, a person weighing 150 lbs. Should eat 55 grams of protein per day. If you don't have kidney problems then you can take in more than this amount. ...Read more
Meat & Vegetable: Natural foods are much healthier because it make the digestive system work the way it is supposed to. The liquid proteins and chemical proteins bypass this natural system. ...Read more
None: To loose weight, let us try this: 1. Eat every food you like. 2. While eating when you realize that you can eat 5 more bites, stop. Try it you will like it. ...Read more
No and no: generally this is for weight loss. The diet works either by making people so miserable that they don't eat, or loss of some muscle glycogen, or changing the cues for eating. All of these will be messed up by even small amounts of bread. Furthermore, the whole question implies trying to get out of eating less and exercising more and how to bail out on dieting. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is considered a high protein diet?
- What is a low carb high protein diet?
- What is the benefit of a high protein and low carbohydrate diet?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the primary reason for the weight loss seen in common high protein diets?
- Is a diet high in protein fattening?
- Is eating a high protein diet bad for your kidney health?
- What causes hemorrhoids when a high fiber diet is eaten?
- Talk to a bariatrician online for free