Doctor insights on:
What Exactly Does It Take To Fall Unconscious
Unconsciousness: Falling unconscious most often happens as a faint. The most common cause of faint is what is called a "vasovagal" reaction in which fright, pain, disgust, horror, or other stimulus triggers the vagus nerve to lower your heart rate until your blood pressure drops too low to maintain normal cerebral consciousness. The other major cause of fainting is just low blood pressure, eg., dehydration, etc. ...Read more
No: Halothane's onset of action is 1.5-3 minutes. ...Read more
What is this? Sudden unconsciousness with convulsions that i fall in and out of for hours. No vision for 10min after last episode. Cannot be woken up.
People with diabetes: how long does it take for a diabetic to become unconscious due to not eating?
Incorrect Idea....: Even starving people, including diabetics, remain conscious; looking for food. Coma related to diabetes occurs due to blood glucose too low due to too much Insulin (a dangerous tx tool), not failure to eat. While widely rx'ed as tx for type ii, Insulin is a very bad tool: nearly always complicates dm with ?ed hunger, overeating, ?ed body fat, roller coaster bg, etc. Thus best avoid/minimize. ...Read more
Can permanent concussion damage occur even if you do not fall unconscious at the time of the accident?
Am I going to be unconscious for my upcoming biopsy on my swollen neck? If not, how long to they take?
Need more info: If it is biopsy of a lymph node, that could be done under local anesthesia and may take only minutes. If it is for a mass deeper in the neck, then you may be put under general anesthesia. Please note that these procedures are quite safe. You should discuss your concern with your doctor. ...Read more
I don't know exactly how to explain but many a times or now I should say regularly after a short interval I feel unconscious and dizzy?
What to do if every time while doctor takes my blood for check up I become unconscious .and my BP goes down. why is this so?
Vasodepressor syncop: read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_responseGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What exactly does cervical cancer looks like?
- What exactly does an ultrasound of the fetal heart consist of?
- What can i take to fall pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What exactly is monosodium glutamate and what effect does it have on the brain?
- What exactly is brain neurophysiology and how does it change in an addiction?
- What exactly does rocky mountain spotted fever do to your body?
- How long does it take for ear tubes to fall out on their own?
- What exactly does taxol affect?