Doctor insights on:
What Effect Would Trichomoniasis Have On My Unborn Child
Trichomonads or Trichomonas ar one celled parasites that can infect the vagina. They may cause no symptoms or as much as a foamy, malodorous, irritating vaginal discharge. Trichomonas is usually sexually transmitted. Both the patient and their partner need to be treated. Men often have no symptoms. The parasites are usually successfully treated ...Read more
Im 6weeks pregnant and I have trichomoniasis, now im healing it with suppository. My question is it may still affect my unborn baby?
Trichomoniasis: May be silent in 70% of infected people. Symptoms may occur within 5 to 28 days or much longer out. Symptoms may be intermittent. Men may experience penile discharge, burning w urination ; /or ejaculation as well as itching internal to the penis. Woman may have a green/yellow/white or clear discharge as well as redness, itching, burning of tissues. Pain may occur with urination or with sex. ...Read more
Yes: Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease from a parasite called Trichomonas Vaginalis. Most often women become infected by penis to vaginal contact or vaginal to vaginal contact. It reportedly can infect the mouth & anus but can NOT survive in those areas. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Reinfection: The chances are the trichomonas came back because of reinfection. The 'tricky' thing about trich is that not every one has symptoms - so perhaps your partner may have had it and couldn't tell you because they themselves didn't know. Best to see an Infectious Diseases doctor who are experts in this kind of thing- you and your partner(s) would need evaluation to stop the spreading back and forth. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would cause my unborn baby to have enlarged ventricles?
- What effects does trichomoniasis have on an unborn baby?
- Will my unborn child be infected with my unborn child
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What would cause a child to have an itchy bottom?
- What damage can congenital malaria infection to my unborn child?
- I think my child may have anterior cruciate ligament injury what would that mean
- I think my child may have black widow spider bite what would that mean
- Talk to a pediatrician online