Doctor insights on:
What Effect Can A Lactulose Have On Persons Following The Atkins Diet Plan
Lactulose: Lactulose is a milk sugar, the atkins diet, or similar low or no carbohydrate diets recommend against dairy products as they contain fat and sugar. The point of the early portion of the diet is to use a less efficient metabolic pathway that burns fat or protein only. Eating sugars and fats may push you out of the ketotic metabolism into normal metabolism... So you would be thwarting the diet. ...Read more
This is covered well: In all the atkins books. You can follow my tips for dinners on low carb diets. Howwever, I am not providing info on breakfast and lunch. There are almost an infinite vairiety of meals. My general recommendation is to go to a search engine and type in "atkins breakfast menus, " and do the same for lunch and dinner! best wishes-go low carb! ...Read more
You are mistaken: Dr. Atkins did not die of a heart attack. He actually fell on ice outside the hospital striking his head and sustaining a brain injury from which he did not recover. No diet is the right or wrong diet. That is why there is no one diet that is good for all individuals. I would suggest you consult with a recognized expert rather than trying to get a quick answer to a complicated and difficult issue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Weight loss: All diets, including the atkins diet, work as long as they are adhered to. The problem with most diets is that they are a variance from the normal eating pattern and most revert to that even after losing the weight and so they gain the weight again. The atkins diet has some detractors but can work if done well. ...Read more
Basically!: The low carb/glycemic index diet diminishes the secretion of insulin. Without high Insulin levels, fat cannot be put in a fat cell. When Insulin levels are low, you burn more fat. Therefore, avoiding sugars and starches does just that! in metabolic syndrome, the number one cause of cv death, Insulin resistance is the culprit with high levels which are toxic! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ii have a cut on myvaginal labia what can ii use to ease the pain
- What can be the best oil to use on a high protein low calorie diet?
- Can the sound of a crying baby have an effect on female libido?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- The truth about what you can eat on a lap band diet
- What can i have on a doctor prescribed liquid diet for diverticulitis?
- What snacks can you have on the viva mayr diet?
- Can cauliflower have a good effect on the brain?
- Talk to a bariatrician online for free