Doctor insights on:
What Does Your Thyroid Look Like
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
I suggest: You rethink and meet with a live doctor to help you sort this out, you are 99.99% mistaken. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a cancerous nodule look like on the thyroid?
- What does heterogeneous thyroid nodule look like?
- What does an enlarged thyroid look like in neck?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does an ultrasound of a thyroid look like?
- What does a normal thyroid ultrasound look like?
- What does an enlarged thyroid look like?
- What does an abnormal thyroid ultrasound look like?
- What does a thyroid nodule look like?