Doctor insights on:
What Does Trichomoniasis Look Like
Trichomoniasis: May be silent in 70% of infected people. Symptoms may occur within 5 to 28 days or much longer out. Symptoms may be intermittent. Men may experience penile discharge, burning w urination ; /or ejaculation as well as itching internal to the penis. Woman may have a green/yellow/white or clear discharge as well as redness, itching, burning of tissues. Pain may occur with urination or with sex. ...Read more
Don't know your: Gender. For male would want discharge to stop. For female would anticipate that discharge will go back to baseline vaginal secretions - leukorrhea. ...Read more
Does trichomoniasis have a dormant stage, like a spore or a cyst, that makes it hard to kill with antibiotics?
Incubation period--: The incubation period ranges from about 4-28 days...Meaning after contracting the infection, the person may not have symptoms until 4 wks later. Many women may not have symptoms at all. It is the most common std, but easily treated if correctly diagnosed etc... So, if you have concern, consult your doc... Good luck. ...Read more
Can a pap smear detect the most common std's like chlamydia, genital herpes, HIV infection, gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomoniasis and hepatitis b?
Yes,: If you want to be free of trichomoniasis both you ; your partner need to be treated. Trichomoniasis can be treated w one or multiple oral doses of Metronidazole or tinidazole. These are antibiotics which your doctor can order. It is my opinion that you are ethically obligated to inform your partner of this sexually transmitted disease. Take care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does trichomoniasis look like under microscope?
- What does trichomoniasis discharge look like?
- What does a hymen look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a boil on the vagina look like?
- What does fertile and quality sperm look like?
- What does a 3 cm ovarian cyst look like?
- What does cervical mucus look like before period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free