Doctor insights on:
What Does Too Much Iron Do To Your Body
You can't tell: Unless you do some blood testing. But i would advise it only under the appropriate circumstances. ...Read more
Iron overload: It is uncommon for iron overload to occur as a result of poisoning. More likely etiologies are congenital disorders such as hemochromatosis, repetitive blood transfusions, or a hematologic condition which prevents normal iron usage. It is important for you to be seen by a hematologist to determine how severe your iron overload is, what the etiology is, and what's the best treatment. ...Read more
Can you determine if you have too much iron in your body by your folate (folic acid) levels? My doc says its pretty much the same thing.....
Does too much iron in the heart cause tachycardia and hyperventilation? Or does it cause a feeling like the heart is not responding to exertion?
Clarify: If you have any reason to believe you have hemochromatosis or friedreich's ataxia (the two "iron in the heart" diseases), or if you have heart-related symptoms, don't self-diagnose or spend time on a "pop" / internet disinformation site. Get seen. We can't diagnose or treat at a distance, much as we'd like to. These are both serious. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does consuming too much protein do to your body?
- What does drinking too much alcohol do to your body?
- What does too much zinc do to your body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does too much alcohol do to your body?
- What does too much iron in your blood mean?
- What does low iron do to your body?
- How does too much iron affect the body?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free