Doctor insights on:
What Does Thrush Feel Like
Aphthous ulcers can.: Aphthous ulcers can mimic thrush sometimes during its typical course of expression. Some oral cancers present as whitish lesions known as leukoplakia which could be confused with thrush to the untrained eye. The mouth part of hand-foot-mouth disease sometimes has a thrush-like appearance for non-physicians. Even "milk staining" of the mouth takes on a thrush-like presentation. ...Read more
Not healthy patients: One of the most common causes of thrush is chronic antibiotic usage. It can occur with a single course of antibiotics but not usually. It also occurs frequtntly in chronically ill and debilitated patients or those who are immuno-compromised. Healthy patients generally do not get thrush. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Thrush can occur at any age. You can develop thrush from many causes including recent antibiotic treatment, poorly controlled diabetes, taking steroids, have an underlying immune disorder like aids, suffer from leukemia or lymphoma, receiving chemotherapy or radiotherapy in the head or neck area, wear dentures, and excessive use of mouthwash. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is thrush and what does it look like?
- What does pancreatitis feel like?
- What does a rash feel like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does lice feel like?
- What does hemorrhoids feel like?
- What does cystitis feel like?
- What does conception feel like?
- Talk to a dermatologist online