Doctor insights on:
What Does Thinning Of Knee Cartilage Mean
Cartilage is a specialized type of tissue found in joints and areas that two bones come together. It is made up of specialized cells that live in the midst of proteins and sugars that absorb and release water similar to a sponge. Healthy cartilage helps decrease friction in joints, absorbs shock and protects the ends of the bone. Degradation of ...Read more
Low impact exercises: Low impact exercises are generally a good idea when one is suffering from knee injuries. Riding a stationary bike, elliptical machines, or swimming are exercises that will help strengthen the muscles around the knee without causing significant discomfort. Avoid squats or lunges. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does torn cartilage in knee feel like?
- What does fluid in the knee mean?
- What does fluid on the knee mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a torn cartilage in the knee?
- What does it mean when your knees hurt?
- What does it mean when my knee hurts?
- What does hyper extended your knee mean?
- What does thinning of the cartilage in my knee mean for my health?