Doctor insights on:
What Does The Term Unsaturated Fat Mean
I ate about 80g of unsaturated fat yesterday if I eat 60g today will this make up for it? Would it be fine if I do this instead of exercise for once?
Balance not quantity: You need to exercise no matter what you eat. Eating unsaturated fats does not replace the need for exercise. Exercise allows your muscles to get stronger, important for your bone health as you age, and also helps with circulation, lymphatic drainage and your mental health. Eating 60 g of unsaturated fat cannot accomplish these same tasks. Work with a clinical nutritionist to get a better balanced Work with a clinical nutritionist to get a better balanced diet that works for you! ...Read more
Incomplete fat: This is theoretical mostly -- what you need to know is that animal fat is mostly saturated and complete. Vegetable fat is a good fat and mostly unsaturated. ...Read more
It's not Better: Polyunsaturated fat (pufa) and saturated fat have the same calories to make you gain weight, raise your blood pressure and blood sugar. The most recent studies show monounsaturated fats such as olive oil or canola oil are the least harmful: unlike pufa, they do not auto-oxidize or increase inflammation and they are the fastest to be burned as fuel. But really, there is "no safe fat!". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is mono unsaturated fat healthier than polyunsaturated fats? Which one will affect our diet more? And why is that so?
Tough to say: According to recent research studies, there is no conclusive evidence that mono unsaturated fat is healthier than poly unsaturated fat. They are both healthier than saturated fat, which is found mostly in animal fat. Unsaturated fat tends to lower bad cholesterol and makes less cholesterol plaques which cause blockages in the arteries. ...Read more
Can any doc tell me what's the difference between trans fat, polyunsaturated fat and mono unsaturated fat?
Fats: read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FatGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does the term parkinsonian mean?
- What does a brown spot on my white part of the eye mean?
- What does it mean when your hair hurts at the roots?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when one of your testicles is much larger than the other?
- My penis has red bumps behind the skin after unprotected sex what does this mean
- What does thickening of the bladder wall mean?
- What does it mean when you get a nasty smell from the vagina?
- What does the term unsaturated fat on a food label mean?