Doctor insights on:
What Does Testosterone Do To Levels Of Neuroendocrine Hormones
A hormone (from greek ὁρμή, "impetus") is a chemical released by a cell or a gland in one part of the body that sends out messages that affect cells in other parts of the organism. Only a little amount of hormone is required to alter cell metabolism. In essence, it is a chemical messenger that transports a signal from ...Read more
If I want to asses my hormone levels (I'm male) specifically testosterone, what other hormones should I also get checked that may impact test lvls?
What can i do about hirtuism? I checked all hormone levels they are all normal testosterone is <0.6. All within normal range even shbg.
What does it mean if my testosterone is normal but I have a low level of sex hormone binding globulin?
Can't afford dr. No insurance. Self paid last time and couldn't get hormone testing. How do I know if I have high testosterone levels due to ov cysts?
Labs , no insurance: Many labs will allow patients to prepay for tests at a huge discount. ...Read more
Concerned about all my hormone levels at 49,.
Is an endocrinologist the best to address that? Testosterone,oestrogen, etc
Hormones : Start with a good physical and labs from your primary care. If there is a problem then they can best guide you as to what the next step is. ...Read more
34yo F. Are these normal hormone levels (3rd day of cycle)?: FSH=6.82 mlU/ml; LH=5.24 mlU/ml; PRL=11.14 ng/ml; E2=53.66 pg/ml; Testosterone=0.31 ng/m
Yes: Testosterone is broken down into Dht & Estradiol (e2). Too much Dht is associated w/hair loss & prostate enlargement. Too much e2 is associated w/gynecomastia, eg nipple sensitivity and/or male breast development (moobs). Different medications can stop metabolism of t but can also upset balance (think of a seesaw). So if Dht goes down, e2 might go up. And vice versa. Talk to doc & monitor levels. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can patients do to change the levels of ldl hdl in their blood?
- What should i do if my 6 month baby does not want to drink any form of formula?
- What does it mean if i have a testosterone level of below 200?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can people do to change the levels of ldl hdl in their blood?
- What does lack of oxygen do to the brain?
- What does taking massive amounts of vitamin c do to your body?
- What does smoking do to the muscles of the body?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free