Doctor insights on:
What Does Spitting Up Blood When U Brush Your Teeth
Gium disease: If you are bleeding after brushing or flossing most likely is due to gingivitis or periodontal disease. Plaque accumulates in areas you can't brush or floss well resulting in irritation to your gums just like a splinter embedded into your skin will do. Gums become"puffy" bleeding easily. Generally with a professional dental cleaning the problem will be corrected with improved home daily hygiene. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Inflammation: Blood means inflammation and generally comes from periodontal inflammation. This ranges from simple gingivitis (gum inflammation) to more serious periodontitis (infected pockets below the gumline with gum and bone loss). See your dentists for helpful treatment and tips to get this under control. ...Read more
Gum disease: If you are bleeding when you brush it is because your gingiva ( gums) are swollen and inflammed. This is a signe of periodintal disease and needs to be treated by your dentist. Please make an appointment for a periodontal exam and get this problem resolved. ...Read more
No: How do you know the blood is not from the gums? Teeth don't usually bleed unless a big piece of a tooth comes out and the nerve is exposed. But that is rare and most people do have gingivitis, so ot's more likely to be from the gums. Unless you have stomach issues. That could also be a cause. Get evaluated by a dentist to determine the source. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When you spit up blood what does that mean
- What does it mean when you are spitting up blood?
- What does it mean when you spit up blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when you spit up a little blood?
- What does mean when u caugh up blood?
- What does it mean if you are spitting up blood?
- What does spitting up blood with mucus mean?
- Talk to a dentist online for free