Doctor insights on:
What Does Salmonella Typhimurium Food Poisoning Look Like
How can you tell the difference between a Crohn's flare and something more serious like food poisoning, e coli or salmonella?
Culture: A stool culture will give the answer in about 48 hours. If you are under treatment for crohn's, your gastroenterologist knows all about this. The truth is that most food poisoning is self-limited though a major nuisance while you have it; the greatest concern is the e. Coli that cause hemolytic-uremic syndrome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
Bacterial infection: Saonella is a bacteria often found in poultry which causes intestinal infection in humans. Symptoms include diarrhea which may be bloody, fever, chills, stomach cramps, and sometimes nausea and vomiting. Most people will recover without any treatment but the infection can be very dangerous to the elderly, children or the sick. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The transmission: of salmonella usually occurs via consumption of contaminated foods: beef, poultry or eggs most commonly. The salmonella bacteria attach to the intestinal lining and are internalized to the intestinal wall. They then spread through the reticuloendothelial system to the liver, spleen and bone marrow. This process, leading to bacteria being found in the blood stream, takes up to 14 days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does salmonella typhimurium look like?
- Salmonella typhimurium food poisoning
- What does food poisoning look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Interesting facts on salmonella typhimurium food poisoning
- What system does salmonella typhimurium attack?
- What are the symptoms of salmonella typhimurium?
- What does sun poisoning look like?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free