Doctor insights on:
What Does Salmonella Look Like
Bacterial infection: Salmonella is a bacteria that can cause gastroenteritis, diarrhea, and food poisoning. Symptoms include fever, abdominal pain, and diarrhea for 4-7 days. Usually antibiotics are not required; the infection must simply run its course. Poor kitchen hygiene and contaminated poultry are common causes. Lizards, snakes, turtles, and birds can harbor salmonella, so wash hands after handling these pets. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Food of animal origi: The principal reservoirs for salmonella include poultry, livestock, reptiles, and pets. Therefore, the major vehicle of transmission is food of animal origin, such as poultry, beef, eggs, and dairy products. Contact with infected reptile, e.g., pet turtle, is another mode of transmission. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Salmonella bacteria: Salmonella is a bacteria. In the United States, it is the most common cause of foodborne illness. Salmonella occurs in raw poultry, eggs, beef, and sometimes on unwashed fruit and vegetables. About 40, 000 cases of salmonellosis are reported in the United States annually. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does salmonella typhimurium food poisoning look like?
- What does ibs look like?
- What does osteoporosis look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does hurpies look like?
- What does ezcema look like?
- What does prilosec look like?
- What does cyst look like?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online