Doctor insights on:
What Does Really Dark Period Blood Mean
Prob your period: The brown discharge was likely your period just a very different one. Brown equals old blood. It is common to have an "off' cycle every now and then. If your pregnancy test is negative then you are not pregnant. Schedule a visit for birth control if you do not want to be pregnant or want better cycle control ...Read more
Irregular periods: Irregular periods are one of the most common problems obgyns treat. If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring problem you should be evaluated. Infections ; hormonal changes can cause spotting. If there is a concern for pregnancy then do a home pregnancy test . There are many options available to help regulate the menstrual cycle. Schedule a visit. ...Read more
Not to worry.: Brown blood is just older, more deoxygenated blood. ...Read more
My period blood is dark like a really dark red and this is the second month it's been dark, is this normal?
You may want: to check with a healthcare provider re: possibility of anemia. Changes to the appearance of your blood can be attributed to amount of hemoglobin in your blood, or clotting that may cause darker color. In the case of clotting, an increase in the total amount of menstrual bleeding will generally lead to darker color blood since it tends to stay longer in the uterus and thus changes color. ...Read more
That is alright.: Dark blood is older, more deoxygenated blood. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does dark blood on your period mean?
- What does dark period blood mean?
- What does dark brown period blood mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does dark blood mean during your period?
- What does it mean when your period blood is dark?
- What does it mean if your period is really heavy?
- What does a really heavy period mean?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free