Doctor insights on:
What Does Raised Red Blood Cells Mean
Brken RBC- Hemolysis: Hemolysis is a breakdown of red blood cells early than normal (usually happens to all red cells after 100 days). Causes can be from immune system, mechanical (i.e. Mechanical heart valve), or certain infections. Treatment is both replaceing key nutreints needed for red cells (i.e. Folic acid) and treating the underlying cause of red cell destruction. ...Read more
Microcytosis causes: Abnormally small red cells may be due to a number of reasons that include acquired or hereditary disorders of the main protein found in red cells-called hemoglobin. The most common causes inlclude iron deficiency, anemia of chronic disease and rarer forms such as sideroblastic anemias and thallasemias. If you or someone you know has this result in CBC, plase consult your MD ,a hematologist now. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need more info: Very difficult to answer without much more info. What have cell counts been in past? How high is elevation? Are platelets elevated or depressed? What are the sizes of red cells and are there any abnormal shapes? Are you a smoker? Do you have lung disease or live at altitude? Do you have any infections? Could simply be normal variation. ...Read more
How high?: May be of no consequence or serious hematologic disease. Need the detail. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a high red and white blood cell count mean?
- What does small red blood cells mean?
- What does abnormal red blood cells mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does elevated red blood cells mean?
- Red and white blood cells in urine what does it mean
- Enlarged red blood cells what does it mean
- What does a high red blood cell count mean?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free