Doctor insights on:
What Does Positive Leukocytes In Urine Mean
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
Hi I had a urine test and had positive leukocyte esterase. No other symptoms. Can it mean anything other than a UTI or could it be lab error?
Usually normal: Leukocyte esterase released by lysed neutrophils and macrophages is a surrogate marker of the presence of white blood cells (WBCs). Leukocyte esterase suggests that there are white blood cells in the urine. Trace means few WBC produced small amount of leucocyte esterase ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Does an urinalysis report of: leukocyte esterase 1+, urine WBC 6-10 and squamous epithelial cells 0-5 mean an infection?
Not necessarily: Voided (vs. catheterized) urine specimens in women are potentially subject to contamination. Urine culture is the definitive method of determining the presence of infection. Another important point is that in older women in the absence of symptoms, this kind of urine abnormality alone or even a positive culture should not be treated with antibiotics (asymptomatic bacteriuria). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
25 weeks pregnant with very frequent urination, urine test showed pH 7 leukocyte esterase positive, leukocyte 1, is it infection, what do I do?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean to have leukocytes in your urine?
- What does high leukocytes in urine mean?
- What does leukocytes in urine mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean to have leukocytes in urine?
- What does large leukocytes in urine mean?
- Positive nitrite in urine what does mean
- What does trace leukocyte esterase in urine mean?
- What does moderate leukocytes mean in urine?