Doctor insights on:
What Does Physical Therapy Do For People With Knock Knees
May Not Be Able To.: It is not always possible to get other people to do things they don't want to do. You can make the suggestion to go, offer to go with him, do the home exercises with him, etc. Sometimes making it into or tying it to a social activity, will increase their desire to participate. Check out local adult centers and fitness groups. Whatever his decision, be supportive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Minimal needed: Most people should require only minimal therapy. My patients get 2-3 weeks of home therapy with isometric quad sets, straight leg raises if no back problems, short distance walking and stationary bike can start at 2-3 weeks. No aggrresive therapy that hurts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Quadriceps strength: Weak knees usually refer to weak quadriceps. Simple straight leg raises and wall sits are great exercises you can do under he supervision of a therapist as well as on your own between therapy visits. Stationary bikes, swimming, short arc squats, leg extension against resistance are all additional exercises often used to strengthen the quadriceps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Certainly not required but absolutely helpful for most. Every person and every injury requires different treatment to heal properly. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is done for knock knees?
- What is knock knee?
- What physical therapy do?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for knock knees?
- What physical therapy exercises are appropriate for weak knees?
- What does ocs certification in physical therapy mean?
- What category does physical therapy fall under?
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free