Doctor insights on:
What Does Periorbital Hypopigmentation Mean
Light skin spots: Hypopigmentation or light skin spots, may be diagnosed easily in the office by a machine called a woods lamp. This is like a "black light". Causes of hypopigmentation are a decrease of melanin, melanocytes or the Amino Acid tyrosine. Sometimes a fungus of the skin may cause hypopigmentation so a simple culture of the skin can diagnose the cause. Complete loss of skin pigment is called vitiligo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hypopigment: Hypo-pigmentation means that your skin is getting lighter in parts - unlikely to be your whole body. Your primary doctor and/or dermatologist should help you through this. The extent of the hypo-pigmentation will determine what management you will need. ...Read more
Not associated: Hypothyroidism causes many symptoms and skin manifestations like hair loss and brittle nails. Typically, when patients are treated, the skin returns to normal over time. In my practice I have not seen a relationship between hypopigmentation and hypothyroidism, nor does hypopigmentation usually improve when treating the thyroid. So other independent causes of hypopigmentation should be sought. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a cpk of 240 mean?
- What does it mean if you feel a pulse in your stomach?
- What does it mean when your period blood is brown?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when blood comes out your penis?
- What does it mean if your poop is yellow and runny?
- What does it mean when your urine is hot?
- What does it mean when your urine smells like fish?
- Talk to a dermatologist online