Doctor insights on:
What Does Periorbital Hypopigmentation Mean
Light skin spots: Hypopigmentation or light skin spots, may be diagnosed easily in the office by a machine called a woods lamp. This is like a "black light". Causes of hypopigmentation are a decrease of melanin, melanocytes or the Amino Acid tyrosine. Sometimes a fungus of the skin may cause hypopigmentation so a simple culture of the skin can diagnose the cause. Complete loss of skin pigment is called vitiligo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Usually hypopigmentation from inflammation such as in eczema will resolve once the eczema is treated, but it can take time. Remember, that area of skin may tan differently than the surrounding skin. Wear your sunscreen and sun protection to minimize that contrast and avoid burns. Note: if scars from deep scratching exists, those color changes may be permanent. ...Read more
Depends on cause: you might want to see dermatologist because there are so many wide varieties of causes for hypo-pigmentation of lips ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Periorbital hypopigmentation
- What causes hypopigmentation?
- What are the tests that indicate hypopigmentation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are periorbital wrinkles?
- What are the causes of acute periorbital edema?
- What does probiotics mean?
- What does asmatic mean?
- Talk to a dermatologist online